My New Arrival

Please allow me to introduce my beautiful new daughter who arrived (very appropriately some have said) on Halloween.

20131102-213336.jpg

We have named her Ava Jaime, and she is the most beautiful and amazing thing the world has ever seen. Although it’s likely I’m biased.

Blogging will naturally take a hit for a while as time may be at a premium, but I hope to see you all soon. :)

About these ads

166 thoughts on “My New Arrival

1. Al

“Come on, stand up, walk, talk”
          ten years later
          “Sit down, shut up, don’t move” hehehe

Take loads of photos. Keep them in different places. When I was four, one of the rooms in our house went up in flames, and all the photos of me under the age of 4 went with them

1. theipc

“Blogging will naturally take a hit for a while” — because YOU’RE A LAZY FUCKER!!!!

J/K of course – you are the one who told me that : )

Congrats my dear friend – all of our love to you and the family!!!!

2. Tom

What a beauty!!! Congrats dude, we’ll be missin ya for awhile, but stay in touch as much as you can! :D Cheers buddy. The best in life is yet to come.

3. Mark Walker

She’s a wee beauty my man. Just beautiful. Congratulations to you and Carly. Over the moon at your entry into parenthood. It’s almost as good as winning a Lammy. (Not that we know how that feels… Yet!)

1. Tyson Carter Post author

Thanks buddy, currently making a list of questions for you lol. You picked the wrong guy to start a blogathon with ;)

We will win a lammy 2014, we just need to make a category about best De Niro sites :)

1. Mark Walker

Haha! It’s no bother at all. I’ve really not been watching much of late to add to my own site anyway. I’m happy to keep plodding on with our joint site. What good is a business partner when he can’t take the weight when the other is preoccupied?

1. Tyson Carter Post author

I was planning an epic 2 part review round up on my site of about 20 films. I got 3 lines into it and then Ava decided to arrive 2 weeks early and scupper my plans!

At least with the blogathon we got the suckers to do the work for us ;)

I suppose I’ve been picking up your slack since we started so it evens out now ;) haha thanks matey

4. brandonearly1

Big congratulations! I just welcomed the baby Gunnar on March 1st of this year myself. I’ve already been caught by his mother on more than one occasion watching “questionable content” with the baby in the room. He seemed to really like Jess Franco’s Bloody Moon. On the other hand, I frighten him when I sneeze, so he may need more conditioning.

5. MojosWork

I’m mildly jealous your kid is born on Halloween and mine is September 10th, but I’m just relieved the Bean didn’t wait for September 11th. Congrats, bud, and here’s to hoping she’s healthy and QUIET! I hope you slept well on the 30th. Remember it fondly.

1. Tyson Carter Post author

Yeah could of been an awkward birthday for you! Halloween party’s every year here now. Just a shame it’s not as big of a deal as it is over there.

Thanks mate, I always heard the lack of sleep stories but after 3 nights of zero sleep I’m beginning to understand. :)

1. MojosWork

The worst is that even when you’re asleep, you’re kinda not. The first month, every random grunt, peep or coo results in my eyes shooting wide open and debating whether I should check on her or not. Friday was the first night Lila slept for more than 3 hours, and even then, I kept waking up every half-hour (for 7 hours!), because its so far from the norm I had to make sure she was still breathing. You just can’t win.

6. ruth

Congrats Tyson! She’s sooo beautiful and I love her name. VERY fitting that she’s born on Halloween considering how much you love horror movies! :D God bless your growing family!

7. drakulus23

Is this your first child? She’s beautiful! Congratulations. I felt that way about all three of my children. My son was just born on October 23rd and it’s a beautiful feeling to hold them for the first time. Congrats again :]

8. Nostra

Congratulations man! If you need any tips just let me know, already have a two year start on you ;) Enjoy everyone moment with her and spoil your wife, she needs to be pampered right now :)

1. Tyson Carter Post author

Finally some attention for me!!! Lol thanks buddy, getting lots of visitors and cards here but all for a little girl. Birthdays for me no longer count :)

9. Smash

A Halloween baby is very special! Keep your eyes peeled for when all of her super powers start to develop. When she’s able to lift the couch so her mom can vacuum underneath it at the age of 2, it’s a good indication that she possesses superhuman strength.
    Congrats buddy, you are very blessed :)

10. Pingback: LATE NIGHT SPILL 10: I lost my blogathon virginity | Films and Coke

1. Tyson Carter Post author

Thanks Marc. Its a name we’ve always loved and luckily we dont know anyone near us with the name :)

She is well wrapped up with all the beautiful clothes and blankets our generous friends have bought for her.

11. Victor De Leon

She’s beautiful, Tyson! You and your wife made a very pretty baby girl. So happy for you both! My daughter was almost born on Halloween but she waited until Nov 2nd. I love her name, too. Best wishes on the start of an awesome journey through fatherhood, man. Cherish every second. (Even those that will include her giving you tons of grief when she’s a teenager!) :)

1. Tyson Carter Post author

Thank you Vic. My wife was keen to hold out until November but sadly for her Ava was keen to be a Halloween baby :)

Really looking forward to her becoming a nun when shes older so I’ll never have to warn boys away from her ;)

12. Writer Loves Movies

Congratulations Tyson! She’s beautiful. I’ve been away from the blog for a while too but just relaunched today with a new site. Looking forward to seeing you back on the blog soon but enjoy your well deserved time out for now :-)

1. Tyson Carter Post author

Thank you Natalie!!!

Hoping to get back into writing now, missed this little place. Your site revamp/relaunch looks great, I look forward to checking it all out and getting back up to speed with everyone :)

13. JF Owen

She’s a beautiful little girl! Congratulations!

I’ll offer some advice. Take many photos. Keep a diary of all the amazing things she does. When she starts to talk, include all the funny things she says in the diary. Don’t blink too often. Every time you do, she’s going to grow a little older. Before you know it, she’ll want to start life on her own and you won’t understand where all the years went.

See ya

P.S. Give your wife a kiss…she did most of the work.

1. Tyson Carter Post author

Thank you, for everything you said. We are taking millions of photos and videos, and have so much written down. It’s scary, 3 and half months old, she’s changed so much. I can’t wait to see her grow, yet I already miss her being tiny. I never believed people when they said you never know love like you love your children. Now I know. :)