Head in a Vice is proud to be the recipient of the Liebster Award. My site was kindly nominated by Green People Soup & Cinematic. My humble thanks to you both, and please read on for the rules and my nominations.
I know these ‘viral/chain letter’ awards are all just a bit of fun and dismissed by some people, but I feel if someone has gone to the effort to think of my site as a nomination and set some questions, the least I can do is answer them and post it up, linking back to them as a way of thanks and maybe shedding some light on myself and other bloggers in the process, which is what these awards are really all about, getting to know our community a little better. (Also, Sir Phobos threatened me with a ‘horse head somewhere in your vicinity. Or something’). I definitely don’ t want that, so here we go:
1. Each person must post eleven things about themselves
2. Answer the eleven questions the person giving the award has set for you
3. Create eleven questions for the people you will be giving the award to
4. Choose eleven people to award and send them a link to your post
5. Go to their page and tell them
6. No tag backs
11 Things About Me (copied from my previous awards, I’m really not that interesting to have more stuff going on, and I struggled to think of things last time)
1) My favourite video game of all time is Shenmue.
2) I’m a black belt in Ju-Jitsu.
3) I’ve had 3 cats and love them all more than anything (except my wife, she made me add that!)
4) I have an unhealthy obsession (not my words) with Jared Leto. I went to jelly when I met him.
5) I love Alan Partridge (please YouTube him if you’ve never heard of him!)
6) I very nearly made it as a professional football (soccer) player until injury got my contract ripped up.
7) My favourite football (soccer) player is Francesco Totti.
8) One day I will write a book.
9) I share many characteristics with the serial killer Dexter Morgan on the TV show Dexter apparently (aside from the killing aspect, obviously)
10) My favourite band is 30 Seconds To Mars.
11) TED truly is the funniest film I have seen in years. The Apache Helicopter bit at the beginning still makes my cry with laughter.
Sir Phobos from Green People Soup Questions:
In what decade were you born?
What do you think you’ll die of, and when?
Death Clock tells me I’ll die in 2062, so I’m guessing disappointment as I really want to make it to 100 years old.
Can I borrow a hundred bucks?
Sure, you have to come to England for it though.
What’s your favorite film genre, and why?
Horror – I love to see boundaries being pushed and nothing beats being shocked at something or scared shitless.
Are “definitive” greatest-of film lists bullshit? Why or why not?
Yes, because it’s all subjective and there is no true way of measuring this. Like asking who is the greatest ever boxer (Mike Tyson obviously) or best ever football (soccer…..ergh stupid American Football taking the name) team. Opinions are fun though.
What decade produced the best action stars?
Where is the best place to sit in a theater, and why?
In the middle, on an aisle, so that when I inevitably need the toilet I don’t have to move anyone out of the way.
Does nihilism solve any cultural problems?
Why don’t you care more about stuff? Jeez!
Some people care too much, so I counter balance them out.
If you could, would you force filmmakers to revert back to using combinations of practical effects (miniatures, matte paintings, etc.) alongside some CG? If not, explain yourself.
Why do we exist?
We are on a loop, dinosaurs will be back soon.
Ckckred from Cinematic Questions:
1. What’s a movie that you think is terrible but you enjoy anyway?
IT. Looks awfully dated now and is cheesy as hell, but Ill always love IT for the fear it brought me as a young boy growing up being petrified of drains.
2. What movie received positive reviews but you don’t like?
Star Wars (I’m guessing some of them got positive reviews?)
3. Is there a movie which you disliked the first time but liked later?
The Mist – the more I watch it the more I like it. Initially I thought it was dull but I kept thinking about it and eventually after repeat viewings I realised it was actually great!
4. If you can meet any director/actor/producer, who would it be?
Jared Leto – but I met him. So I’ll say Robert De Niro but I imagine I would die on the spot out of fear and excitement.
5. If you could change one award at the Oscars, which one would it be?
If you mean taking it from a movie that won and giving it to one I think should of won I would say Pulp Fiction at the 1994 Oscars. If you didnt mean that I apologise
6. If there was one movie you could watch over and over for the rest of your life, what would it be?
7. What film would you like to see a remake of?
I really don’t like remakes………but Escape To Victory could be good fun with loads of the new modern age footballers!
8. Do you refuse to watch any movie from a certain actor or director just because you didn’t like one of their films?
Sarah Jessica Parker. Just an awful actress.
9. Who is your favorite director?
10. Which film do you wish had never been made?
Magic Mike – my wife insists I do 1000 sit ups a day to try and look like them guys.
11. What is your favorite moment in any film?
Joe Pesci – Goodfellas, the whole ‘like a clown’ speech. Never fails to make me smile, perfect combination of fear and humour.
Now for my 11 blogs to pass this on to. I was going to cop-out and not forward this on, but since Andy Watches Movies beat me to that tactic I thought I should make the effort
since he didn’t as I’m nice It’s hard as there are way more than 11 superb blogs I read, so I decided to go for a different group of people that I haven’t seen get annoyed nominated for this yet, and trying to choose different people than I chose the last time I got one of these awards. For those I have missed out I apologise, please don’t un-follow me as I love every visitor I get, that’s the poisoned chalice with this responsibility missing people out, but here are my 11 nominations in no particular order:
My questions (there may be a lazy pattern to them) to you lucky/unlucky 11 are:
- Would you rather have a pet polar bear or a pet kangaroo?
- Would you rather be a movie star or be a singer?
- Would you rather eat a dead rat or a live roach?
- Would you rather be a vampire or a dragon?
- Would you rather die in the arms of your one true love or your one true love die in your arms?
- Would you rather be buried alive or stabbed to death?
- Would you rather turn invisible or go through time?
- Would you rather walk through walls or control the weather?
- Would you rather always be hot or always be cold?
- Would you rather be eaten by a shark or a gorilla?
- Would you rather sneeze 1000 times a day or hiccup 1000 times a day?
I totally understand if you chosen 11 can’t be bothered to do a post and answer these; I’ll settle for a place on your blog roll, 100 visits to my site a day and 50 retweets for everything I post on twitter. Pretty fair deal I think Thanks again to Green People Soup & Cinematic for thinking of my site, I really appreciate it, and thanks for reading!.